Tuesday 30 October 2012

Chantel Ward Share's Her Camping Experience

As the years have passed, my love for camping seemed to have been leaning more towards a love of "cottaging". But, as the mother of two, I knew my boys needed to experience a true camping trip. Building fires, eating smores, hiking trails, and swimming in the lake.

So instead of the cottage in Muskoka, we hit the Port Burwell Provincial Park Campground.
And let me tell you, it was a FANTASTIC idea!

Beautiful campground - mature trees - friendly people - fun beaches - and as for the hiking trail, it's a good one but I suggest better footwear then my $2 flip flops!

My husband, my sons and I were given the gift of time with each other. We hadn't sat and played cards as a family in...well, I couldn't tell you the last time. I've attached a picture of our youngest son - I think we captured this one right around game #273 of 'Go Fish'. That is joy.
Boy, I am glad we chose to be campers again this Summer.

-Chantel Ward, Port Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment